Great shell holder / knife combo from Browning. Gives you a quick and quiet way to feed a rifle or use it to manage your ammo whenever protocol requires unloading. Comes in a nice box. Suitable gift for any hunter. Your choice of black nylon or brown genuine leather. Sold elsewhere for $60.
- Securely holds 6 rounds. (7mm Rem Mag Pictured)
- Ammo is stored in Fabric Lined Neoprene with Elastic straps between each Cartridge.
- Each round is held securely regardless of whether the neighboring slots are empty or full.
- Holds centerfire cartridges from .223 size up to .45-70 size.
- 1 inch belt loops on backside. Magnetic closure on lid.
- Browning’s superior craftsmanship apparent throughout.
INTEGRAL KNIFE SHEATH
- Retention mechanism requires deliberate action to release knife.
- Secured in shellholder by single pivot point.
- Not suitable for fast self-defense-type use. Knife cannot be pulled from sheath without operating the release mechanism.
- Probably room around the sheath to store a pair of field dressing gloves.
- Good knife for field dressing large game.
- Steel grade: 440 stainless- excellent edge retention, very good corrosion resistance.
- Beautiful, aggressively contoured scales for good grip when bloody.
- Correct profile and contour for working inside an animal and unzippering the hide.
CARE and USE
My tips on this item: Storing large cartridges in the shell holder year-round will stress the elastic. Take the rounds out when you’re not hunting. Not suitable for ammo storage in heavy rain or snow. Wear inside your jacket or store in a cargo pocket in wet conditions. The leather on the end of the knife should be removed or replaced after it gets bloody because game can smell dry blood years after the fact. Use the knife exclusively for field dressing to keep it sharp. Sharpening instructions from Browning are included.